Multicultural marketing is smart. It makes a lot of sense. And it could be your company’s next competitive advantage. A few of my team members at Outsource Marketing wrote a substantive article on the topic awhile back in Are you serving the minority-majority? Why multicultural marketing matters more than ever. It’s definitely worth your time. […]
On the surface, Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market looks like the type of company I’d enjoy profiling on The Responsible Marketing blog. They are saying all the right things: they believe in making fresh and high quality food affordable in every neighborhood, they are active in their communities, they treat their people well. So it […]
So my family is returning from our vacation in Whistler last week and my four-year-old has to “really go.” We’re in traffic, and we’re not sure when we’ll get to the next gas station. Parents, are you tensing up a bit? Finally, there’s one on the corner. What a relief. Or not. We pull in, […]
Last summer, I took my mom to Wendy’s for lunch with my kids. Believe it or not, it was the first time she’d been there. Hold the ‘heavy hitter’ and ‘great son’ comments — it was her idea. Anyway, after we sat down for our gourmet meal, there was a bit of a stir near […]
Go into any Starbucks and you can pick up one of their brochures sharing their corporate social responsibility. They are really putting some energy into their communications in this area, and I applaud them for it. Tully’s is a Seattle-based company that has followed Starbucks, literally, into many of Seattle’s neighborhoods. Their strategy: open a […]
Today is Thanksgiving. After using a forklift to bring the Seattle Times in, I was surprised to see a sticker saying “Make each call a call for change” from Credo Mobile. My first thought, cool, kind of like Working Assets, but for mobile phones. Well, I was almost right. As it turns out, Credo is […]
Why is marketing ROI is an oxymoron for most companies? “Spend more, get less” just doesn’t pencil. There is a pathway to marketing that delivers results, but it might not be the path you’d expect. Here’s a link to a white paper-length preview of my upcoming book entitled, you guessed it, Responsible Marketing. In it, […]
Hello all, We all know how difficult marketing has become. Ask an audience of 300 marketers or business owners if they are happy with their marketing results and see if one hand goes up. The fact I don’t have to tell you answer speaks volumes about marketing effectiveness today. There are a host of reasons, […]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- The Responsible Marketing Blog has moved. February 13, 2014
- Hometown Hookups Season: Looks that Seal the Deal December 9, 2013
- Responsible Marketing in a Zombie Apocalypse December 3, 2013
- Old time cough syrup labeling and the side effects of medical disclaimers November 25, 2013
- Get “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” free* when you learn about our marketing management services. November 19, 2013
- Profanity in Advertising — What the @#$! do we care? November 18, 2013
- There’s still time to plan your 2014 marketing. Well, sorta. October 23, 2013
- Brand Truth: Fashion Group International: A panel discussion — Brand, storytelling and the trend to truth | GIRVIN | Strategic Branding Blog: […] That same challenge in the public’s pe...
- hakim jones: I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.sorryyyyyyyyyy lol...
- hakim jones: I had the same thing happen! it's like he almost ...
- hakim jones: I assume u work them blowhard lol...
- Facts and Go Figure: The Sneaky Art of Justifying Anything | Atomic Tango: […] at my friend Patrick Byers’ Respon...
- The Unparalleled World-Class Mission-Critical Hero: Words Sucked Dry In Business | Atomic Tango: […] Patrick Byers has written a post on anno...
- Patrick Byers: Now there's a way to put it. Thanks for weighing ...