No, I haven’t quit the Responsible Marketing blog to ump League League games. Well, not completely. I wrote five posts a week in 2008, but due to a number of factors, this is my fifth post this month. Here’s why you’ve been hearing less from me lately: My workload at Outsource Marketing While I like […]
Archive | about this blogRSS feed for this section
For years I’ve grappled with the conflict between commerce and conscience. Like most of you, I’m a marketer. Like all of you, I’m a consumer. So, I’m always asking questions: To break through, you have to do work that gets attention. But how far is too far? What do you do when a marketing practice […]
A year ago today, I soft-launched the Responsible Marketing Blog. My goal was twofold: Create a digital scratchpad for my ideas as I write a book on the topic and get unfiltered feedback on those ideas. Both goals have been met, but progress has slowed on the book as it has transformed itself over the […]
Actually, I don’t discriminate. I hate Top 25, 10, 7, 5 and [insert number here] lists. Blogs love lists, and it’s the best way to land on the front page of Digg. And though I occasionally write ’em (I wrote 25 ways your business can help fight poverty just yesterday), I’m not a fan of […]
Tim Girvin and I go back. Way back. Okay, not that far back. We were on the advisory board of a before-its-time start-up six or seven years ago, then reconnected through social media recently. Tim’s firm, Girvin, is known in design circles for its work on identity programs for over 350 motion pictures such as […]
Alltop is the excellent blog aggregation site that offers “aggregation without aggravation” because it lists just the best of the best blogs. I was honored to be included in the marketing.alltop category in May and gave you Responsible Marketers the opportunity to weigh in on which badge I should use. So, imagine my surprise when […]
Each month, we share marketing articles, links and information with the Friends of Outsource Marketing. This month, we added “podcast” to that list. My partner Bill Boyd has done quite a few podcasts for clients, and decided it was time to do one for us. Click play below to listen: [audio:http://homepage.mac.com/bill_boyd/Patrick%20Byers%20-%20Responsible%20Marketing%20-%20042508%202.mp3] Can you help me […]
You probably noticed the dramatic difference in the Responsible Marketing Blog identity and wondered, what’s with the halo and horns? Well, the more research and writing I’ve done on Responsible Marketing, the more I appreciate the marketer’s conundrum: Responsible Marketing, on the surface, seems like an unachievable, almost Utopian goal. If you are getting great […]
Hello all, We all know how difficult marketing has become. Ask an audience of 300 marketers or business owners if they are happy with their marketing results and see if one hand goes up. The fact I don’t have to tell you answer speaks volumes about marketing effectiveness today. There are a host of reasons, […]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- The Responsible Marketing Blog has moved. February 13, 2014
- Hometown Hookups Season: Looks that Seal the Deal December 9, 2013
- Responsible Marketing in a Zombie Apocalypse December 3, 2013
- Old time cough syrup labeling and the side effects of medical disclaimers November 25, 2013
- Get “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” free* when you learn about our marketing management services. November 19, 2013
- Profanity in Advertising — What the @#$! do we care? November 18, 2013
- There’s still time to plan your 2014 marketing. Well, sorta. October 23, 2013
- Brand Truth: Fashion Group International: A panel discussion — Brand, storytelling and the trend to truth | GIRVIN | Strategic Branding Blog: […] That same challenge in the public’s pe...
- hakim jones: I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.sorryyyyyyyyyy lol...
- hakim jones: I had the same thing happen! it's like he almost ...
- hakim jones: I assume u work them blowhard lol...
- Facts and Go Figure: The Sneaky Art of Justifying Anything | Atomic Tango: […] at my friend Patrick Byers’ Respon...
- The Unparalleled World-Class Mission-Critical Hero: Words Sucked Dry In Business | Atomic Tango: […] Patrick Byers has written a post on anno...
- Patrick Byers: Now there's a way to put it. Thanks for weighing ...