Due to an irrecoverable server crash, The Responsible Marketing Blog lost all posts and comments for the last four days. It’s taken some work, but I’ve been able to restore the posts but not the comments. Unfortunately, if you commented any of the following, your thoughtful remarks have been lost: Little changes have big effects […]
Archive | announcementRSS feed for this section
Alltop is the excellent blog aggregation site that offers “aggregation without aggravation” because it lists just the best of the best blogs. I was honored to be included in the marketing.alltop category in May and gave you Responsible Marketers the opportunity to weigh in on which badge I should use. So, imagine my surprise when […]
Hard to believe PodCamp Seattle is tomorrow. I hope you are coming. If you can’t make it, I’ll be tweeting live except when I’m doing my 1:30 presentation, “Using Social Media to Create Social Good.” You can follow me by clicking here: http://twitter.com/patrickbyers. __________________________________You can view the most recent 10 tweets in the meme here: […]
It’s 7:00 a.m. and in about an hour and a half, I’m going to impart a little marketing wisdom at the Northwest Career Colleges Federation Annual Convention in Vancouver. I’m doing a general session topic entitled . . . drumroll please . . . Responsible Marketing Where Commerce and Conscience Come TogetherImagine that. Want to […]
Responsible marketers know that social media is changing the business landscape and has become an integral part of the marketing mix. If you don’t know social media because you just haven’t had the time to figure it out, now you can get a good primer in less than one day—for free. PodCamp is coming to […]
Alltop is a blog aggregation site founded by Guy Kawasaki that features ever-growing lists of the top blogs in over 70 broad categories including Social Media, Personal Finance, Macintosh and much more. Yesterday, Alltop added The Responsible Marketing Blog to marketing.alltop.com. It’s a prestigious list, and I’m humbled to be included. Now I need to […]
Have you noticed the Eco-Safe widget in the share section on the right? It looks just like this: It’s one of the niftiest and most useful widgets I’ve come across lately. Instead of printing something, you can email it to yourself, saving a tree. And if you want to share the Responsible Marketing love with […]
Each month, we share marketing articles, links and information with the Friends of Outsource Marketing. This month, we added “podcast” to that list. My partner Bill Boyd has done quite a few podcasts for clients, and decided it was time to do one for us. Click play below to listen: [audio:http://homepage.mac.com/bill_boyd/Patrick%20Byers%20-%20Responsible%20Marketing%20-%20042508%202.mp3] Can you help me […]
When I started this blog, I had two goals: 1. Help build conversation regarding Responsible Marketing 2. Create a tool that would help me collect my thoughts as I write a book on the topic So far, so good. I’ve learned that some of my best posts are the results of tips from regular readers […]
Happy Saturday. Some people love to keep up with their news with an RSS reader. Others like to get it via email. If you are the latter, you might not have known you can receive The Responsible Marketing Blog updates sent to you daily. I’ve avoided adding an email subscription box for aesthetic reasons, and […]
What would you do if you received this? Normally, I would have hit the delete key. After all, you don’t get subpoenaed by email. Then I looked a little closer. It had my name, phone number and the correct email address. Hmm. I moused over the links without clicking and most, but not all seemed […]
Do you hate American Idol? Me too. I used to hate American Idol for three reasons: 1. Simon is a mean-spirited S.O.B. and I cringed whenever he skewered the hapless no-talent contestants 2. Everything about it wss cheesy: the graphics, the music, the setup . . . you name it 3. It was all about […]
Today, Wednesday, March 12th at 2:00 p.m. PST, I’ll be talking about Responsible Marketing with Scott Andrews, host of the weekly ARRiiVE Radio Show. Marketers have never had it harder. Prospects are cynical, the surplus of information is working against them on a number of levels, and marketing as a discipline is generally broken. Responsible […]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- The Responsible Marketing Blog has moved. February 13, 2014
- Hometown Hookups Season: Looks that Seal the Deal December 9, 2013
- Responsible Marketing in a Zombie Apocalypse December 3, 2013
- Old time cough syrup labeling and the side effects of medical disclaimers November 25, 2013
- Get “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” free* when you learn about our marketing management services. November 19, 2013
- Profanity in Advertising — What the @#$! do we care? November 18, 2013
- There’s still time to plan your 2014 marketing. Well, sorta. October 23, 2013
- Brand Truth: Fashion Group International: A panel discussion — Brand, storytelling and the trend to truth | GIRVIN | Strategic Branding Blog: […] That same challenge in the public’s pe...
- hakim jones: I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.sorryyyyyyyyyy lol...
- hakim jones: I had the same thing happen! it's like he almost ...
- hakim jones: I assume u work them blowhard lol...
- Facts and Go Figure: The Sneaky Art of Justifying Anything | Atomic Tango: […] at my friend Patrick Byers’ Respon...
- The Unparalleled World-Class Mission-Critical Hero: Words Sucked Dry In Business | Atomic Tango: […] Patrick Byers has written a post on anno...
- Patrick Byers: Now there's a way to put it. Thanks for weighing ...