I’m sure their intentions were good. I was just asked by a company we work with to help them select their logo and website via an online survey. They obviously didn’t know what we do around here. Their message started like this: We are asking your thoughts and feedback on our new logo and website. […]
Archive | broken marketingRSS feed for this section
Consumers today are better informed about the products or services they’re purchasing than at any other time in history. But it’s not because of marketers. In addition to researching on Google, peer-to-peer review sites like Angie’s List and Yelp have quickly become the most effective way for consumers to learn about business products and services. […]
I love and hate this: I love it because of it’s simple, it’s funny and it’s true. But I hate it because it perpetuates the myth that marketing, advertising and PR are all in some way equals. They aren’t. Let me explain: You meet two people at a holiday party: Beth works in the marketing […]
The financial crisis has everyone on edge, myself included. I lost my bank, and I’m not sure who’s next. Should I put my money in coffee cans and bury it in the backyard? When people are on edge, sometimes they do things they normally wouldn’t do. Same goes for businesses. Here are a 10 things […]
Prime rate to remain stable, Bernanke says By Gene Weingarten The Washington Post Sunday, June 22, 2008; Page W32 If you are like I, you are pretty sick of reading articles about how the financially-troubled newspaper industry is making desperation budget cutting moves: Downsizing its products, laying off staff, buying prostitutes for advertisers, and so […]
Here’s a pop quiz my partner Dan Murphy gave our team at yesterday’s weekly Huddle. | View | Upload your own How did you do? Us either. Here are Dan’s thoughts on the test, and why we all did so poorly: What I found intriguing was that so many of these Fortune 500 companies—presumably with […]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- The Responsible Marketing Blog has moved. February 13, 2014
- Hometown Hookups Season: Looks that Seal the Deal December 9, 2013
- Responsible Marketing in a Zombie Apocalypse December 3, 2013
- Old time cough syrup labeling and the side effects of medical disclaimers November 25, 2013
- Get “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” free* when you learn about our marketing management services. November 19, 2013
- Profanity in Advertising — What the @#$! do we care? November 18, 2013
- There’s still time to plan your 2014 marketing. Well, sorta. October 23, 2013
- Brand Truth: Fashion Group International: A panel discussion — Brand, storytelling and the trend to truth | GIRVIN | Strategic Branding Blog: […] That same challenge in the public’s pe...
- hakim jones: I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.sorryyyyyyyyyy lol...
- hakim jones: I had the same thing happen! it's like he almost ...
- hakim jones: I assume u work them blowhard lol...
- Facts and Go Figure: The Sneaky Art of Justifying Anything | Atomic Tango: […] at my friend Patrick Byers’ Respon...
- The Unparalleled World-Class Mission-Critical Hero: Words Sucked Dry In Business | Atomic Tango: […] Patrick Byers has written a post on anno...
- Patrick Byers: Now there's a way to put it. Thanks for weighing ...