. . . and Shawn Telford, our new Director. Here’s our intro video, peppered with a few select shots from his reel: He’ll make you laugh. He’ll make you cry. He’ll make you say, “Did he really do that?” Regardless of the emotions he conjures, one thing’s certain, Shawn Telford knows how to get and […]
Archive | funRSS feed for this section
We think every organization should market responsibly, but Responsible Marketing isn’t for everyone. Some of us take that fact a little harder than others. View on YouTube This is the lost episode from our seven part series of Responsible Marketing web shorts. Click here to check ’em out. Subscribe to this feed.
We’ve had quite a response to our first ever Easter Egg Hunt on OutsourceMarketing.com. Over a dozen people discovered the Easter Egg and lots more contacted us using the blog, Facebook, Twitter and email looking for hints and to find out if they won. Here’s one comment from Mark Jordan over at the Invicta Law […]
Here’s a challenge for you: The first person that finds the Easter Egg on OutsourceMarketing.com gets two FREE tickets to see the Seattle Mariners in our awesome box seats at Safeco Field on Wednesday, April 14th at 7:10. We’ll announce the winner on Monday, April 5th. Thanks everyone, and Happy Easter! Oh, and even if […]
I’ve said it a million times: It takes creativity to break through the clutter. Here’s an ad that does just that: View on YouTube 2009 was rough year, and a lot of companies have dramatically cut their marketing budgets. A lot of brand advertising budget has been moved to sales promotion. You gotta do what […]
View on YouTube “The Ringtone from Hell” is video six in our series of seven Responsible Marketing web shorts, but you could argue it has nothing to do with Responsible Marketing at all. Truth is, a few of our shorts are about character development and having fun with the angel and devil characters as they […]
Want to know what Responsible Marketing is about but don’t have the time to read our white paper on the topic? Well, here’s “The 7 Keys to Responsible Marketing in 2 Minutes,” featuring the characters you’ve grown to love (or hate) in our Responsible Marketing web shorts. View on YouTube There ya go—with a video […]
By Martin Pierce Ah, ah, I almost forgot…I’m also going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Mmmmmkay? Thaaaaaanks! We here at Outsource Marketing like to think that our office culture doesn’t resemble that of our good friend Bill Lumbergh’s Initech. But we do relate. Don’t know who Bill Lumbergh […]
In 2006, we decided we needed get serious about greening Outsource Marketing after years of agreement about having an environmentally responsible workplace but no real plan to make it happen. Since then, we’ve been recognized for our efforts and have even won a few workplace recycling awards. The two secrets to our success: Everyone at […]
In advertising, it’s the gospel truth: Sex sells. You’ve heard it a million times. So many times it’s gotta be true, right? Hell, even the Devil himself says it’s true in our second of seven Responsible Marketing web shorts, here: View on YouTube in HD Why not believe it? You just heard it from the […]
He’s a muscle-bound, rough and tough lover of all things manly. She’s a petite girly girl that loves a nice glass of Chianti and long walks on the beach under the moonlight. Learn how they meet, and what happens if you don’t recycle. View on YouTube in HD We dare you to litter in our […]
Not every business is struggling amid the economic downturn. Discounters, companies that help people save money, banko attorneys and the repo man aren’t the only businesses thriving. Cheerful products that provide a respite from the real world are selling. Products like the Oh Snap! Cheese Board and Cutter and The Bubble Calendar are selling well, […]
On Monday, one of my colleagues handed me this: This particular colleague had lost a friendly bet the week before, so at first I thought I was receiving partial payment for said bet. Then I remembered that I’m still in negative territory—I owe her $88 (I bet $100 I’d have my book done by Halloween […]
Last St. Patrick’s Day I asked if—given Guinness’ long history of often questionable advertising claims—I should be allowed to hoist a pint of their tasty stout. 74% of you said “Yes. Guinness is yummy. And they aren’t all that bad anyway.” How about this year? I sure would love to hoist a pint since it’s […]
The dreaded 404 Not Found message. Not quite the blue screen of death, but definitely unwelcome when you are trying to find something on the Internet. The 404 page isn’t something you are looking for—it’s a web page you typically receive when you land on a page that’s been deleted or removed. From a marketing […]
Zombies in Plain English offers a few practical tips to help you make it through Halloween—with your brain intact: Have a safe and responsible Halloween! Subscribe to this feed. . . . Video created by Seattle-based Common Craft.
Here are three entertaining videos that illustrate why, when it comes to communications—whether it’s copy, design, color or imagery—simplicity rules: The Process shows what happens when corporate marketers tackle a simple problem: With apologies to our smart friends at Microsoft who know better, here’s a video called “Microsoft designs the iPod package”: “Make my Logo […]
Social media can be an incredible force for doing good. I’ve spoken about it a bit lately, sharing some real world examples in the deck below: Examples don’t necessarily explain how to do it, so here’s a simple, grassroots way I used social media to raise $1,250 for the Muscular Dystrophy Association just yesterday. Here’s […]
I’m off to jail for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Here’s what’s happening: You can add to the above meme by using the #mda08 hashtag on Twitter. There’s still time to help folks with Muscular Dystrophy, bail me out of jail, feel good and get a tax write off. Any and all donations appreciated! . . […]
I’m innocent! Innocent I tell you! I have no idea what I did to deserve this, but I was arrested and have been sentenced to hard-time in some gulag — I think I heard them call it “The Keg.” Sounds scary. I’ll be booked into jail on September 17th. I’ve been told if I can […]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- The Responsible Marketing Blog has moved. February 13, 2014
- Hometown Hookups Season: Looks that Seal the Deal December 9, 2013
- Responsible Marketing in a Zombie Apocalypse December 3, 2013
- Old time cough syrup labeling and the side effects of medical disclaimers November 25, 2013
- Get “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” free* when you learn about our marketing management services. November 19, 2013
- Profanity in Advertising — What the @#$! do we care? November 18, 2013
- There’s still time to plan your 2014 marketing. Well, sorta. October 23, 2013
- Brand Truth: Fashion Group International: A panel discussion — Brand, storytelling and the trend to truth | GIRVIN | Strategic Branding Blog: […] That same challenge in the public’s pe...
- hakim jones: I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.sorryyyyyyyyyy lol...
- hakim jones: I had the same thing happen! it's like he almost ...
- hakim jones: I assume u work them blowhard lol...
- Facts and Go Figure: The Sneaky Art of Justifying Anything | Atomic Tango: […] at my friend Patrick Byers’ Respon...
- The Unparalleled World-Class Mission-Critical Hero: Words Sucked Dry In Business | Atomic Tango: […] Patrick Byers has written a post on anno...
- Patrick Byers: Now there's a way to put it. Thanks for weighing ...