Earlier this summer, Outsource Marketing participated in The Olympus Press Print Green Summit, an annual event attended by over 250 people from 150 companies to focus on ways to, well, print greener. Olympus sponsored an interesting origami-making contest. To enter, contestants created an origami character with special FSC certified paper, took a picture of it […]
Archive | funRSS feed for this section
A movie filmed in 14 months, across 42 countries with a cast of thousands. No, it’s not the second coming of Cecil B. DeMille. It’s one of the best examples of a viral video you’ll see: in 17 days, this video have been viewed nearly 4.6 million times. As crazy as it may sound, “Where […]
Independence Day Sale advertising is seldom message responsible. The print ads are crowded and filled with visual cliches. And the television ads can be downright obnoxious. Here’s a simple promotional television ad for retailer that, except for a few red stars, keeps the cliches to a minimum. I appreciate the fact the announcer avoids the […]
Ask a room full of people to shout out the single word that comes to mind when you say “Volvo,” 90% will say “safety.” Owning a meaningful word or phrase in the mind of the consumer is the holy grail of marketing, I’d say. To own a word is expensive and time consuming, isn’t it? […]
A perfect topic to wrap up the week. The UK Office of Government Commerce recently wrapped up a re-branding effort. Here’s the result: Okay, so it looks a little like the logo from the OC, but take a hard look at it rotated 90 degrees: Um. Maybe I shouldn’t have said “hard” look. A company […]
One of my favorite quotes of late is “Advertising is the tax you pay for being unremarkable,” credited to Robert Stephens, founder of Geek Squad at the Ad Age Idea Conference. I doubt Gene Porter from Dixie’s BBQ in Bellevue, WA has an advertising budget, nor does he need one. A few Outsource Marketing team […]
Lou Piniella was a hoot to watch during his Seattle days, and his hot temper always made for great entertainment–for the hardcore or casual fan. Aquafina has created Lou’s Daily Affirmations, an online site where you can share Lou’s words of wisdom with friends via email and of course, post it on most major social […]
Happy Easter, everyone.
Yesterday, I shared a little bit of Guinness’s less-than-responsible marketing past with you, and asked, “Should I drink a Guinness today?” The results are in: Well, if I must, I must. So here goes: Tonight, I tip a glass to you. Thank you for joining the Responsible Marketing conversation. ‘Sláinte!’
IMHO, Doug Savage’s Savage Chickens is the best thing since The Far Side and Bloom County. I love it when he skewers marketing. It hurts so good. Subscribe to his blog so you won’t miss a post.
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- The Responsible Marketing Blog has moved. February 13, 2014
- Hometown Hookups Season: Looks that Seal the Deal December 9, 2013
- Responsible Marketing in a Zombie Apocalypse December 3, 2013
- Old time cough syrup labeling and the side effects of medical disclaimers November 25, 2013
- Get “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” free* when you learn about our marketing management services. November 19, 2013
- Profanity in Advertising — What the @#$! do we care? November 18, 2013
- There’s still time to plan your 2014 marketing. Well, sorta. October 23, 2013
- Brand Truth: Fashion Group International: A panel discussion — Brand, storytelling and the trend to truth | GIRVIN | Strategic Branding Blog: […] That same challenge in the public’s pe...
- hakim jones: I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.sorryyyyyyyyyy lol...
- hakim jones: I had the same thing happen! it's like he almost ...
- hakim jones: I assume u work them blowhard lol...
- Facts and Go Figure: The Sneaky Art of Justifying Anything | Atomic Tango: […] at my friend Patrick Byers’ Respon...
- The Unparalleled World-Class Mission-Critical Hero: Words Sucked Dry In Business | Atomic Tango: […] Patrick Byers has written a post on anno...
- Patrick Byers: Now there's a way to put it. Thanks for weighing ...