Have you started your 2014 marketing planning? November is just around the corner, and we’re just weeks away from New Years. Every year starting about now, we receive a quiver full of last minute, somewhat panicked, inquiries as people realize: They didn’t get everything done in the current year that they wanted to They are […]
Archive | researchRSS feed for this section
The growth of our Responsible Marketing LinkedIn Group has been intriguing: most new members aren’t coming from America—they are coming from everywhere else. And a disproportionate number are coming from emerging markets. New research from Edelman Public Relations shared in Good Magazine explains why: Older people aren’t as purposeful: The U.S. is aging, and the […]
Take a few minutes to review these enlightening statistics from AddThis representing sharing trends over the last five years. A few highlights: Most active day for sharing: Wednesdays Most active time of day: 9:30 A.M. EST Most users click within the first two minutes 75% of clicks happen within the first day Interestingly, most shares are […]
Since 1997 we’ve met with a lot of startups. Some become clients. Some don’t. Sometimes, it’s because we aren’t the right fit for them, or vice-versa. With startups we always want to learn if they are interested in Responsible Marketing or Drive-by Marketing as quickly as possible. In 2005, I met with a startup that […]
The financial crisis has everyone on edge, myself included. I lost my bank, and I’m not sure who’s next. Should I put my money in coffee cans and bury it in the backyard? When people are on edge, sometimes they do things they normally wouldn’t do. Same goes for businesses. Here are a 10 things […]
A vast sector of modern advertising… does not appeal to reason but to emotion; like any other kind of hypnoid suggestion, it tries to impress its objects emotionally and then make them submit intellectually. ~ Erich Fromm Would you rather make women feel better about themselves or about your brand? In a recent study inspired […]
I first learned about Clotaire Rapaille back in 2004 in a fascinating Frontline episode entitled The Persuaders that discussed the way advertisers and some of the world’s largest companies’ are working to persuade consumers what to buy, whom to trust, and what to think. Watch the entire program by clicking on the link above, or […]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- The Responsible Marketing Blog has moved. February 13, 2014
- Hometown Hookups Season: Looks that Seal the Deal December 9, 2013
- Responsible Marketing in a Zombie Apocalypse December 3, 2013
- Old time cough syrup labeling and the side effects of medical disclaimers November 25, 2013
- Get “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” free* when you learn about our marketing management services. November 19, 2013
- Profanity in Advertising — What the @#$! do we care? November 18, 2013
- There’s still time to plan your 2014 marketing. Well, sorta. October 23, 2013
- Brand Truth: Fashion Group International: A panel discussion — Brand, storytelling and the trend to truth | GIRVIN | Strategic Branding Blog: […] That same challenge in the public’s pe...
- hakim jones: I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.sorryyyyyyyyyy lol...
- hakim jones: I had the same thing happen! it's like he almost ...
- hakim jones: I assume u work them blowhard lol...
- Facts and Go Figure: The Sneaky Art of Justifying Anything | Atomic Tango: […] at my friend Patrick Byers’ Respon...
- The Unparalleled World-Class Mission-Critical Hero: Words Sucked Dry In Business | Atomic Tango: […] Patrick Byers has written a post on anno...
- Patrick Byers: Now there's a way to put it. Thanks for weighing ...