Profanity in advertising—is it REALLY needed in order to stand out in the all the marketing clutter? Are we becoming immune to it? A recent article on Talentzoo puts it this way: …times change, and we’re slowly breaking down our cultural norms and resistance to expletives. Consider the following ads: For as long as I can […]
Archive | UncategorizedRSS feed for this section
Headquartered in Madrid, the ANAR Foundation believes that all children should have a voice, especially when their rights are violated. Take a look at this video from an impressive street ad campaign by the ANAR Foundation: It’s thought provoking. It’s empathetic. It’s reassuring. The goal of this advertisement is clear – to help children realize […]
We walk the talk at Outsource Marketing. Since 2007 King County has recognized organizations for waste prevention and recycling efforts. And, for the 7th straight year we are proud to announce Outsource Marketing has been recognized and made the Honor Roll for “Best Workplaces for Recycling and Waste Prevention.” Read all about it on […]
Consumers today are better informed about the products or services they’re purchasing than at any other time in history. But it’s not because of marketers. In addition to researching on Google, peer-to-peer review sites like Angie’s List and Yelp have quickly become the most effective way for consumers to learn about business products and services. […]
Oh, Abercrombie. You continue to steal the headlines with your chiseled shirtless teenagers gracing the cover of your shopping bags, scandalous advertisements, and beautiful hand-selected employees. And thanks to Business Insider for bringing CEO Mike Jefferies’ 2006 comments back to life, Abercrombie is once again in our headlines. In case you missed it, in 2006 Jeffries made […]
Check out this eye-opening video put together by a Women and Gender Studies class at the University of Saskatchewan by Sarah Zelinski, Kayla Hatzel and Dylan Lambi-Raine. They wanted to show how ridiculous media portrays gender roles and stereotypes in advertising through presenting gender roll reversals. As depicted in the video, our parents went through their […]
If you haven’t already seen this “Dove Real Beauty Sketches” clip that everyone is posting on Facebook, take a gander: Dove once again pulls through in this touching video about how women view themselves in such poor light compared to how others see them. It is sad how women are especially critical of every mole, […]
I’m presenting Responsible Marketing: Dos and Don’ts in a Down Economy today, courtesy of PR Newswire, the global leader in news and information distribution services for professional communicators. Here are the details: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:00 AM Pacific 11:00 AM Mountain 12:00 PM Central 1:00 PM Eastern Approximately 45 minutes Click here to RSVP […]
Social Media Northwest will be holding another Tweetup this coming Thursday on the Microsoft campus. This is an informal meeting of Twitter users (and Twitter-curious people) that are interested in meeting some of the folks they’ve met online. When Thursday, November 20th 12:30 (sign-in at registration 10 to 15 minutes before) Where Microsoft Bldg 121 […]
I’m a fan of Jim Collins, author of business classics Built to Last and Good to Great. One of the key concepts in Good to Great is the Hedgehog Concept: Those who built the good-to-great companies were, to one degree or another, hedgehogs. They used their hedgehog nature to drive toward what we came to […]
In The coffee is $3. The GOOD is free, I told you about The GOOD Sheet, a weekly “graphical exploration of some of the major issues facing us in this election season and beyond,” being distributed at all Starbucks nationally. What I didn’t share was their groundbreaking subscription model: You pay whatever you want, and […]
Whether you support their cause or not, it’s impossible to ignore PETA. Their undercover investigations and campaigns are orchestrated across all media—advertising, PR, events, and social media are all a part of the mix—and most are integrated quite well. The way they get attention is always controversial, and they’ve taken on some of the titans […]
Want to see what it’s like to be arrested, jailed and then subjected to waterboarding? Follow me on Twitter—I’ll be live-tweeting my experience tomorrow. Okay, maybe they’ll honor the Geneva Conventions, but the point is I still need $300 bail money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and I have no idea what they have in […]
There’s something new at Starbucks, but it’s not on the menu and it doesn’t cost a dime. The GOOD Sheet, a weekly “graphical exploration of some of the major issues facing us in this election season and beyond,” appeared in all Starbucks nationwide yesterday. The goal of the GOOD Sheet is to stimulate conversation during […]
Can best practices improve your marketing? Here’s what a best practice is, according to Wikipedia: With proper processes, checks, and testing, a desired outcome can be delivered with fewer problems and unforeseen complications. Best practices can also be defined as the most efficient (least amount of effort) and effective (best results) way of accomplishing a […]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- The Responsible Marketing Blog has moved. February 13, 2014
- Hometown Hookups Season: Looks that Seal the Deal December 9, 2013
- Responsible Marketing in a Zombie Apocalypse December 3, 2013
- Old time cough syrup labeling and the side effects of medical disclaimers November 25, 2013
- Get “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” free* when you learn about our marketing management services. November 19, 2013
- Profanity in Advertising — What the @#$! do we care? November 18, 2013
- There’s still time to plan your 2014 marketing. Well, sorta. October 23, 2013
- Brand Truth: Fashion Group International: A panel discussion — Brand, storytelling and the trend to truth | GIRVIN | Strategic Branding Blog: […] That same challenge in the public’s pe...
- hakim jones: I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.sorryyyyyyyyyy lol...
- hakim jones: I had the same thing happen! it's like he almost ...
- hakim jones: I assume u work them blowhard lol...
- Facts and Go Figure: The Sneaky Art of Justifying Anything | Atomic Tango: […] at my friend Patrick Byers’ Respon...
- The Unparalleled World-Class Mission-Critical Hero: Words Sucked Dry In Business | Atomic Tango: […] Patrick Byers has written a post on anno...
- Patrick Byers: Now there's a way to put it. Thanks for weighing ...