Headquartered in Madrid, the ANAR Foundation believes that all children should have a voice, especially when their rights are violated. Take a look at this video from an impressive street ad campaign by the ANAR Foundation: It’s thought provoking. It’s empathetic. It’s reassuring. The goal of this advertisement is clear – to help children realize […]
Do you remember this ad? It’s part of PETA’s anti-fur campaign. Though the use of nude celebrities may arouse cynicism, the use of provocative imagery and ardent copy make for a bold message. Ad copy: “Animals killed for their fur are electrocuted, drowned, beaten and often skinned alive. Be comfortable in your own skin, and […]
According to American Greetings Corporation, around a billion Valentine’s cards are sent globally each year. That’s a whole ‘lotta love, and waste, being spread around the world. Don’t forget about boxes of chocolates, lingerie, and expensive jewelry. So what are some alternative more earth-friendly ideas? How about adopting a rescued farm animal? Better yet, why […]
In 1983, American Express coined the term “cause-related marketing” (CRM) when it embarked on a charitable endeavor to renovate the Statue of Liberty. The effort netted $1.7M (roughly $4M today when adjusted for inflation) for the preservation of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Needless to say, CRM is now an integral business strategy […]
A Utah KFC’s recent attempt at Responsible Marketing via this hair-brained cause marketing campaign has left us speechless: That’s right, buy a jug of high fructose corn syrup-powered soda pop—one of the primary causes of diabetes and childhood obesity—and we’ll donate a dollar to juvenile diabetes research. Our take: absolutely shameful and completely irresponsible. What’s […]
Gennefer Snowfield at the Triple Pundit interviewed me earlier this week and asked me a host of questions regarding Responsible Marketing, including— Where the Responsible Marketing concept came from; The impetus for this blog; How I define Responsible Marketing; Where Responsible Marketing fits with cause marketing; Which brands are leading in Responsible Marketing; My predictions […]
We all know what to expect when it comes to automobile pitches, don’t we? Year-end closeouts! Employee pricing! No reasonable offer refused! Support a cause?! Subaru has thrown a curve ball into the mix with it’s Share the Love promotion. When you buy or lease any new Subaru now and January 2, 2009, Subaru will […]
I’ve mentioned TOMS Shoes before. They’re the company that donates a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair they sell. I love their model, and for the holidays, they are campaigning to give away 30,000 pairs of shoes to children in Ethiopia. Here’s a little more info: View TOMS Project Holiday […]
Did you know that, on average, teachers spend about $1,200 of their own money to cover the cost of classroom supplies? The “teacher-funded” classroom is an outrage when you consider teacher compensation, and OfficeMax has partnered with Adopt-A-Classroom “to recognize extraordinary teachers for their dedication and innovative approach to education.” During their A Day Made […]
Last year, Pampers teamed with Unicef to provide tetanus shots for mothers and children in developing countries. Their campaign was set to last three months, but I saw the above ad last night, so it appears they’ve extended the program. Everyone wins: The vaccination recipients–for obvious reason, P&G–because of the goodwill it generates, and the […]
Do you have an affinity to your laundry detergent? You might after you read this. After Hurricane Katrina and the recent California wildfires, Tide dispatched their CleanStart trucks to the scene to help. These mobile laundry facilities provided the families of these disasters with free laundry services when they needed it most. The CleanStart trucks […]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- The Responsible Marketing Blog has moved. February 13, 2014
- Hometown Hookups Season: Looks that Seal the Deal December 9, 2013
- Responsible Marketing in a Zombie Apocalypse December 3, 2013
- Old time cough syrup labeling and the side effects of medical disclaimers November 25, 2013
- Get “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” free* when you learn about our marketing management services. November 19, 2013
- Profanity in Advertising — What the @#$! do we care? November 18, 2013
- There’s still time to plan your 2014 marketing. Well, sorta. October 23, 2013
- Brand Truth: Fashion Group International: A panel discussion — Brand, storytelling and the trend to truth | GIRVIN | Strategic Branding Blog: […] That same challenge in the public’s pe...
- hakim jones: I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.sorryyyyyyyyyy lol...
- hakim jones: I had the same thing happen! it's like he almost ...
- hakim jones: I assume u work them blowhard lol...
- Facts and Go Figure: The Sneaky Art of Justifying Anything | Atomic Tango: […] at my friend Patrick Byers’ Respon...
- The Unparalleled World-Class Mission-Critical Hero: Words Sucked Dry In Business | Atomic Tango: […] Patrick Byers has written a post on anno...
- Patrick Byers: Now there's a way to put it. Thanks for weighing ...