Headquartered in Madrid, the ANAR Foundation believes that all children should have a voice, especially when their rights are violated. Take a look at this video from an impressive street ad campaign by the ANAR Foundation: It’s thought provoking. It’s empathetic. It’s reassuring. The goal of this advertisement is clear – to help children realize […]
We all know what to expect when it comes to automobile pitches, don’t we? Year-end closeouts! Employee pricing! No reasonable offer refused! Support a cause?! Subaru has thrown a curve ball into the mix with it’s Share the Love promotion. When you buy or lease any new Subaru now and January 2, 2009, Subaru will […]
Social media can be an incredible force for doing good. I’ve spoken about it a bit lately, sharing some real world examples in the deck below: Examples don’t necessarily explain how to do it, so here’s a simple, grassroots way I used social media to raise $1,250 for the Muscular Dystrophy Association just yesterday. Here’s […]
I raised enough bail to get out of jail at the MDA Lockup, but more importantly, we raised $1,250 for the MDA. Your donations will help the MDA continue research for treatments and cures for 43 neuromuscular diseases, and help provide wheelchairs, clinic visits, support groups and summer camp for the families served by the […]
I’m off to jail for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Here’s what’s happening: You can add to the above meme by using the #mda08 hashtag on Twitter. There’s still time to help folks with Muscular Dystrophy, bail me out of jail, feel good and get a tax write off. Any and all donations appreciated! . . […]
Want to see what it’s like to be arrested, jailed and then subjected to waterboarding? Follow me on Twitter—I’ll be live-tweeting my experience tomorrow. Okay, maybe they’ll honor the Geneva Conventions, but the point is I still need $300 bail money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and I have no idea what they have in […]
Two days left! Yikes! I’m 70% of the way to raising my bail money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. All I need is $300 to meet my goal. Can you help? That’s just 30 people giving $10 each. Or 12 giving $25. You know how to do math. The point is, every little bit helps. […]
With only nine days to go, I’m 60% of the way to raising my bail money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Today I received this very special letter from Lindsey, a little girl that gets to go to camp because of donations from folks like you that have shared a little of their hard earned […]
I’m innocent! Innocent I tell you! I have no idea what I did to deserve this, but I was arrested and have been sentenced to hard-time in some gulag — I think I heard them call it “The Keg.” Sounds scary. I’ll be booked into jail on September 17th. I’ve been told if I can […]
By popular demand, here’s my deck from PodCamp Seattle: As you probably noticed, I’m not a big fan of slides full of bullets—it’s mostly images. View all the websites mentioned in the deck, as well as all the sites recommended by Twitter friends here: http://del.icio.us/patrickbyers/socialgood I’ve also bookmarked all of the Twitter contributors in case […]
If your tap went dry at home, what would you do? If you were forced to walk to the nearest source of water—a river, a stream, a pond—on foot, how far would you have to travel? And how would it make you feel—deep down—if you had to give your children dirty water to drink after […]
Do you hate American Idol? Me too. I used to hate American Idol for three reasons: 1. Simon is a mean-spirited S.O.B. and I cringed whenever he skewered the hapless no-talent contestants 2. Everything about it wss cheesy: the graphics, the music, the setup . . . you name it 3. It was all about […]
Whole Foods isn’t the only place offering reusable shopping bags. Seems you can get them everywhere now. In fact, Kroger’s Fred Meyer chain took out full page ads recently touting their new eco-friendly bags. Target gives 5% of their profits to charities, and until recently has done little to tout it other than a sign […]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- The Responsible Marketing Blog has moved. February 13, 2014
- Hometown Hookups Season: Looks that Seal the Deal December 9, 2013
- Responsible Marketing in a Zombie Apocalypse December 3, 2013
- Old time cough syrup labeling and the side effects of medical disclaimers November 25, 2013
- Get “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” free* when you learn about our marketing management services. November 19, 2013
- Profanity in Advertising — What the @#$! do we care? November 18, 2013
- There’s still time to plan your 2014 marketing. Well, sorta. October 23, 2013
- Brand Truth: Fashion Group International: A panel discussion — Brand, storytelling and the trend to truth | GIRVIN | Strategic Branding Blog: […] That same challenge in the public’s pe...
- hakim jones: I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.sorryyyyyyyyyy lol...
- hakim jones: I had the same thing happen! it's like he almost ...
- hakim jones: I assume u work them blowhard lol...
- Facts and Go Figure: The Sneaky Art of Justifying Anything | Atomic Tango: […] at my friend Patrick Byers’ Respon...
- The Unparalleled World-Class Mission-Critical Hero: Words Sucked Dry In Business | Atomic Tango: […] Patrick Byers has written a post on anno...
- Patrick Byers: Now there's a way to put it. Thanks for weighing ...