According to American Greetings Corporation, around a billion Valentine’s cards are sent globally each year. That’s a whole ‘lotta love, and waste, being spread around the world. Don’t forget about boxes of chocolates, lingerie, and expensive jewelry. So what are some alternative more earth-friendly ideas? How about adopting a rescued farm animal? Better yet, why […]
Ever get something you didn’t want for the Holidays? Yeah, me too. Have you returned every gift you didn’t like? Yeah, me neither. Unwanted gifts take space in your life and are eventually given to charity or end up in the landfill. Add the wasted box, wrapping paper, ribbon and shipping and it’s clear why […]
For six years, King County has recognized organizations for their waste prevention and recycling efforts. And for six years, Outsource Marketing has made the list. Read all about it on the King County website.
The following post was written by Jillian Ranney, an intern at Outsource Marketing. I recently discovered The College Sustainability Report Card, a website that grades the sustainability efforts of universities and colleges across the US and Canada. I’m talking a true-blue report card here. Much to my delight, I was able to find my alma […]
Each year, King County recognizes organizations that have made recycling and waste reduction a priority, so we’re honored to make the “Best Workplace for Recycling and Waste Reduction” list once again this year. Instead of us telling you how, here’s an excerpt from the webpage listing this year’s recipients: Outsource Marketing is a fourth-year Best […]
It ain’t so easy being green. Unless, of course, you buy a clean diesel from Audi. That’s the message of this Audi A3 “Do Your Part” advert: I get the idea: Show you can be environmentally responsible without having to put yourself out. You can have it all. Here’s one point of view from @motorad666 […]
In 2006, we decided we needed get serious about greening Outsource Marketing after years of agreement about having an environmentally responsible workplace but no real plan to make it happen. Since then, we’ve been recognized for our efforts and have even won a few workplace recycling awards. The two secrets to our success: Everyone at […]
In support of Earth Hour, all our lights will be shut off at Outsource Marketing this entire weekend. Mostly because I don’t want someone to have to come in and shut them off at 8:30 on a Saturday night. Here’s what it all about: On Saturday, March 28th at 8:30pm millions of people around the […]
An intriguing question was posed by Tim Somers via LinkedIn the other day and I’m curious to see what you think. Here’s his question: Would using a greeting card to promote Earth Day go against what Earth Day is all about even if the cards are made with recycled materials? I asked a similar question […]
At least, that’s the question I’ve been asking myself a lot lately. We printed and mailed holiday cards to key clients and sent digital versions to friends of the firm and the folks we communicate with regularly in social media circles. But I wasn’t sure if should send printed holiday cards. Every card we sent […]
Great packaging can be the difference between success and failure for some products. As marketers, it’s our responsibility to make sure the products we are marketing are packaged in a way that merchandises well, is easy to display, and showcases its best features on the shelf—especially when stacked up against the competition. Creative packaging reinforces […]
In an innovative public-private partnership, Fuel Outdoor has donated 600 Solar powered bus shelters to the City of Miami. It’s “a revolutionary model at work—corporate advertising dollars are being used to clean the environment,” says Miami Mayor, Manny Diaz. Michael Freedman, CEO of Fuel, describes their unique business approach: We have a triple bottom line […]
As a teen, one of my favorite comedies was The Jerk starring Steve Martin. It’s a classic filled with unforgettable lines: “You mean I’m going to stay this color?” and “I’ve found my special purpose!” come to mind immediately. Navin Johnson’s excitement when the phone books came was unforgettable: Navin Johnson: The new phone book […]
____________ SMART An embeddable collection of Fortune 500 logos, tagged with words like “logotype”, “symbol” and “acronym” to make it helpful to sort through different variations and approaches to design. A useful tool for creative inspiration and competitive intel: ____________ SMARTER In Brainy Brand Names Where They’re Least Expected, Stuart Elliott of the New York […]
There’s something new at Starbucks, but it’s not on the menu and it doesn’t cost a dime. The GOOD Sheet, a weekly “graphical exploration of some of the major issues facing us in this election season and beyond,” appeared in all Starbucks nationwide yesterday. The goal of the GOOD Sheet is to stimulate conversation during […]
Happy New Year! Finding the right topic for my New Year’s Day post was more difficult than I thought. Sure, I have hundreds of things bookmarked and find new things every day. And this time of year, there are plenty of worthy “2007 Marketing Year in Review,” “2008 Marketing Forecast,” and “Marketing Top 10 List […]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- The Responsible Marketing Blog has moved. February 13, 2014
- Hometown Hookups Season: Looks that Seal the Deal December 9, 2013
- Responsible Marketing in a Zombie Apocalypse December 3, 2013
- Old time cough syrup labeling and the side effects of medical disclaimers November 25, 2013
- Get “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” free* when you learn about our marketing management services. November 19, 2013
- Profanity in Advertising — What the @#$! do we care? November 18, 2013
- There’s still time to plan your 2014 marketing. Well, sorta. October 23, 2013
- Brand Truth: Fashion Group International: A panel discussion — Brand, storytelling and the trend to truth | GIRVIN | Strategic Branding Blog: […] That same challenge in the public’s pe...
- hakim jones: I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.sorryyyyyyyyyy lol...
- hakim jones: I had the same thing happen! it's like he almost ...
- hakim jones: I assume u work them blowhard lol...
- Facts and Go Figure: The Sneaky Art of Justifying Anything | Atomic Tango: […] at my friend Patrick Byers’ Respon...
- The Unparalleled World-Class Mission-Critical Hero: Words Sucked Dry In Business | Atomic Tango: […] Patrick Byers has written a post on anno...
- Patrick Byers: Now there's a way to put it. Thanks for weighing ...