Last St. Patrick’s Day I asked if—given Guinness’ long history of often questionable advertising claims—I should be allowed to hoist a pint of their tasty stout. 74% of you said “Yes. Guinness is yummy. And they aren’t all that bad anyway.” How about this year? I sure would love to hoist a pint since it’s [...]
Yesterday, I shared a little bit of Guinness’s less-than-responsible marketing past with you, and asked, “Should I drink a Guinness today?” The results are in: Well, if I must, I must. So here goes: Tonight, I tip a glass to you. Thank you for joining the Responsible Marketing conversation. ‘Sláinte!’
St. Patrick’s Day on a Monday? Blasphemy! When in Dublin a few years ago, I visited the Guinness Storehouse and was most impressed by the section dedicated to their advertising archive, most of the second floor. “Guinness is good for you” was a claim made in the company’s adverts after market research revealed people felt [...]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- Hey Abercrombie, take your apology and suck it. May 23, 2013
- Role Reversal: Perceptions of Men and Women in Advertising May 9, 2013
- Holy Shift: Creepy George will “Fix your transmission” May 1, 2013
- Nonprofits must differentiate or die April 22, 2013
- Dove Real Beauty Sketches: Responsible Marketing, I think. April 19, 2013
- Announcing the 2013 Master Recycler Composter (MRC) volunteer training! April 16, 2013
- I just “shipped my pants” watching Kmart’s new ad April 15, 2013
- Amhenz: I think it's pretty brilliant. It's got me to th...
- Grant Tilus: Great parenting for handling this situation. As if...
- Patrick Byers: Bill - Not all salesmen are awful. We know that. W...
- Patrick Byers: Kingswreslter1989 - I loved your comments. If ever...
- Patrick Byers: Thanks, Theresa. As a father with a young daughter...
- Theresa: Excellent video. We've become desensitized to the...
- TB1019: Especially when you can get the posters and forms ...