To commemorate Outsource Marketing’s 15th Anniversary, last fall we decided it might be fun—and a little cathartic—to think about the things we’ve learned since 1997. We’ve learned a lot, but narrowed it to the following list, in no particular order: “Safe” is dangerous. Safe is invisible amid info glut. Safe fails. Creative must be [...]
I often ask audiences “Are you happy with your marketing results?” Regardless of the number of people in the audience, nary a hand will go up. Later, when I ask “How many people are working from a marketing plan?” about the same number of people raise their hands. It’s no coincidence that of those that [...]
Every year, we receive a boat load of last minute inquiries as prospects (and a few clients) realize: a. They didn’t get everything done they wanted to b. They are getting ready to start the New Year without a plan c. They have unused budget they need to spend d. Some combination of the above [...]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- Don’t ask your customer to make creative decisions for you June 10, 2013
- How one college builds trust by educating prospects June 4, 2013
- Hey Abercrombie, take your apology and suck it. May 23, 2013
- Role Reversal: Perceptions of Men and Women in Advertising May 9, 2013
- Holy Shift: Creepy George will “Fix your transmission” May 1, 2013
- Nonprofits must differentiate or die April 22, 2013
- Dove Real Beauty Sketches: Responsible Marketing, I think. April 19, 2013
- Susanna Schick: Are you kidding? Tell us something new. Most brand...
- Amhenz: I think it's pretty brilliant. It's got me to th...
- Grant Tilus: Great parenting for handling this situation. As if...
- Patrick Byers: Bill - Not all salesmen are awful. We know that. W...
- Patrick Byers: Kingswreslter1989 - I loved your comments. If ever...
- Patrick Byers: Thanks, Theresa. As a father with a young daughter...
- Theresa: Excellent video. We've become desensitized to the...