I spoke at the Recognition Roundtable today here in Bellevue, a group of mostly HR people from major companies located here in the Pacific Northwest that are looking for ways to encourage and support recognition within their respective workplaces. In the session, I shared— Why this topic should matter to every marketer What social media [...]
Time for another Tweetup for those of you interested in Social Media residing here in the Puget Sound region. The Northwest Tweetup is shaping up nicely, with 30 confirmed guests and 35 maybes with six days to go. If you’re a Twitter hold-out, check out Twitter me this: Is it time to tweet? as well [...]
Skittles, the chewy, fruit-flavored candy from Mars, Inc. has jumped into social media in an innovative new way: They have coded their website so their navigation now floats over three of the most popular social media websites. Skittles.com is now nothing more than a navigation box floating over the Twitter search results for the term [...]
It was bound to happen. With a little help from the programmers and usability gurus at Facebook, I spammed my friends, colleagues, business associates, people who’ve considered hiring Outsource Marketing, and everyone else in my Gmail address book that didn’t have a Facebook account yet. I’m not talking about Facebook application developers making it next [...]
Social Media Northwest will be holding another Tweetup this coming Thursday on the Microsoft campus. This is an informal meeting of Twitter users (and Twitter-curious people) that are interested in meeting some of the folks they’ve met online. When Thursday, November 20th 12:30 (sign-in at registration 10 to 15 minutes before) Where Microsoft Bldg 121 [...]
Whether you are ‘red’ or ‘blue,’ you have to be green with envy when watching Barack Obama’s marketing machine in action. The candidate’s web presence and social media savvy have set a new standard for political candidates, and in some ways, everyone else in marketing. This isn’t news. Obama’s marketing prowess has been covered again [...]
Zappos, the online shoe and clothing retailer is popping up everywhere I go. In the last month, I’ve had a number of contacts with the company, none of them planned, and none of them through traditional marketing approaches. Zappos is embracing social networking I’m a fan of Twitter, the micro-blogging/social networking service, and so is [...]
Image from Wired Magazine I was interviewed by MacNews last week for their article The iPhone and Social Networks: Fast Friends? Read it and you might think I’m an Apple fanboy. I’m not. Apple has introduced some game-changing, highly usable, extremely cool products. But the company has a less than sterling reputation regarding the way [...]
My partner, Eric Anderson, has been urging me to profile WineLibraryTV.com host Gary Vaynerchuk since I launched this blog. An avid wine collector, Eric has watched Vaynerchuk’s video blog since its debut. Vaynerchuk’s energy, authenticity and social media savvy caught Eric’s attention, and a few others as well. Vaynerchuk is now one of the Internet [...]
After wrapping up my article and post Social networking is ready for business. Are you? I remembered a video from a few years ago that explains what social networking is and its benefits. It’s only 1:47, so you can get through it quickly. Explaining complex ideas with the written word takes a lot of energy [...]
Want to make some easy money? Now you can, if you are willing to spam your friends on Facebook, and soon, Skype, Open Social, Twitter and some of your other favorite places to connect online. Check out this blog posting from TechCrunch, and make sure you scan the comments.
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- Hey Abercrombie, take your apology and suck it. May 23, 2013
- Role Reversal: Perceptions of Men and Women in Advertising May 9, 2013
- Holy Shift: Creepy George will “Fix your transmission” May 1, 2013
- Nonprofits must differentiate or die April 22, 2013
- Dove Real Beauty Sketches: Responsible Marketing, I think. April 19, 2013
- Announcing the 2013 Master Recycler Composter (MRC) volunteer training! April 16, 2013
- I just “shipped my pants” watching Kmart’s new ad April 15, 2013
- Jenifer Jeny: bn...
- Patrick Byers: Bill - Not all salesmen are awful. We know that. W...
- Patrick Byers: Kingswreslter1989 - I loved your comments. If ever...
- Patrick Byers: Thanks, Theresa. As a father with a young daughter...
- Theresa: Excellent video. We've become desensitized to the...
- TB1019: Especially when you can get the posters and forms ...
- Holy Shift: Creepy George will \"Fix your transmission\" | The Responsible Marketing Blog: [...] . . . with a little touch of the classic Ver...