Have you started your 2014 marketing planning? November is just around the corner, and we’re just weeks away from New Years. Every year starting about now, we receive a quiver full of last minute, somewhat panicked, inquiries as people realize: They didn’t get everything done in the current year that they wanted to They are […]
It’s not a fear tactic deployed by marketing agencies to scare the bejesus out of nonprofits. It is, in fact, a hard truth about the nature of the nonprofit sector. Dissimilar, indistinctive and alike will get you killed in any fiercely competitive, over-saturated market – let alone the nonprofit sector. In today’s market, nonprofits (and […]
Does cool sell? Let’s take a closer look. Flashy ad featuring an equally flashy product (with incremental innovations), targeted at 20-somethings. Pretty cool right? If you’re an Apple zealot, then you’re probably familiar with Steve Job’s mantra, ‘cool products demand cool pitches’. Needless to say, the iPod “Jet” ad does not disappoint. Now take a […]
I often ask audiences “Are you happy with your marketing results?” Regardless of the number of people in the audience, nary a hand will go up. Later, when I ask “How many people are working from a marketing plan?” about the same number of people raise their hands. It’s no coincidence that of those that […]
It’s hard to believe the holidays are a mere six to eight weeks from now, depending upon how you celebrate. Girding for what may be one of the poorest holiday seasons in recent memory, retailers have the decorations out and their holiday ads are starting to appear. While the time to complete planning for the […]
The financial crisis has everyone on edge, myself included. I lost my bank, and I’m not sure who’s next. Should I put my money in coffee cans and bury it in the backyard? When people are on edge, sometimes they do things they normally wouldn’t do. Same goes for businesses. Here are a 10 things […]
There are seven keys to Responsible Marketing. Most would agree the first four keys are necessary just to do marketing right: Strategically responsible – to save time, money and improve focus Execution responsible – with best practices instead of best efforts Casting responsible – so your have the right people in the right roles, internally […]
- Awards for sale: Not a rewarding experience July 22, 2008
- The door to door salesman from hell October 23, 2008
Personnel Concepts’ marketing:
Out of compliance? October 8, 2008
- Princeton Premier: Bad marketing or vanity scam? November 13, 2008
- Let’s fight vanity scams together August 21, 2008
- The new phone books are here! Oh, goody. October 22, 2008
- How can business help the poor? September 25, 2008
- The Responsible Marketing Blog has moved. February 13, 2014
- Hometown Hookups Season: Looks that Seal the Deal December 9, 2013
- Responsible Marketing in a Zombie Apocalypse December 3, 2013
- Old time cough syrup labeling and the side effects of medical disclaimers November 25, 2013
- Get “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” free* when you learn about our marketing management services. November 19, 2013
- Profanity in Advertising — What the @#$! do we care? November 18, 2013
- There’s still time to plan your 2014 marketing. Well, sorta. October 23, 2013
- Brand Truth: Fashion Group International: A panel discussion — Brand, storytelling and the trend to truth | GIRVIN | Strategic Branding Blog: […] That same challenge in the public’s pe...
- hakim jones: I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.sorryyyyyyyyyy lol...
- hakim jones: I had the same thing happen! it's like he almost ...
- hakim jones: I assume u work them blowhard lol...
- Facts and Go Figure: The Sneaky Art of Justifying Anything | Atomic Tango: […] at my friend Patrick Byers’ Respon...
- The Unparalleled World-Class Mission-Critical Hero: Words Sucked Dry In Business | Atomic Tango: […] Patrick Byers has written a post on anno...
- Patrick Byers: Now there's a way to put it. Thanks for weighing ...